Friday, July 30, 2004

Ugh.

Just when things were getting so good, they get frustrating again. The whole team just sucked. Lohse sucked. Hunter sucked. Stewart sucked. Blanco sucked. Cuddyer sucked. Morneau sucked. I could go on and on. Just two guys didn't suck. One was Joe Roa, who in my mind has replaced Juan Rincon for best bullpen guy who isn't a closer. And the other, surprisingly, was Mientkiewicz, who played like a man who had something to prove. Which is fine by me. Maybe that's why he could hit for .300+ early in his career. He had to prove to the organization that he was worth keeping. Now he had to prove it again, and I'd have to say that he did. I just hope that if he's still in a Twins uniform tomorrow, he'll continue to prove it.

In trade news, the Mets got Kris Benson. Just as well. I was starting to think he wouldn't fit in with the team very well. It's just too bad we couldn't trade for his wife. For now, I guess Jodi Mientkiewicz (a woman who has nothing to prove) will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home