Saturday, July 24, 2004

Who Are These Guys?

Doug Mientkiewicz? Corey Koskie? Torii Hunter? Who the hell? Come on, Gardy! Where's the LeCroys and the Puntos we all know and love? Seriously, who is this man Mientkiewicz and what makes him a better first baseman than Morneau? Surely the bubble gum does not make the man. And Torii Hunter? Does the two I's make him better than Lew Ford, who has none? I think I remember hearing something of a one Cordel Koskie before, but I think maybe it was just someone who badly typoed on "Cuddyer." I don't think it's September yet, so they must not be the call-ups. I just don't get it.

Well, whoever these nobodys are, they managed to collaborate (was I watching the Red Wings instead? Was it FSN and not KSTC? Don't tell me it was a Saints game!) for the Twins fifth win in a row. Mighty impressive, I must say. Then again, it is Kansas City/Tampa Bay/Baltimore. Not exactly the dynasties of our time. But they all count in the records the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home