Thursday, July 29, 2004

Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye!

Is there anything better than sweeping those damn White Sox? In Chicago? And all three games were really their own entities. Game one had Torii Hunter's tryout for the Vikings (my opinion: sign him up!). Game two had Corey Koskie getting more bases than all the Twins combined do somedays. And game three had Justin Morneau getting not one but two home run calls reversed, either one of which would have ended the game on time. But as it were, going into the 10th inning wasn't so bad, because it gave Torii Hunter a chance to make yet another phenomenal catch. One that I am sure burned in the hearts of White Sox fans everywhere. Really, I'm surprised after that catch that a fan didn't run onto the field and attack someone.

But I guarantee this sweep would be a whole lot nicer if every day of it we weren't more concerned about where Mientkiewicz would be going. It made it hard to focus on the game as a fan. As far as trading him goes, I'm indifferent for now. It really depends on who we get. But now that the cat's out of the bag, they need to get the deal done ASAP. The first thing I do each day is check to see if he's been traded yet. The wait is killing me. Especially since now I'm not so sure we'll be getting Kris Benson, so we could be getting anyone really. Terry Ryan has a knack for the surprise trade, so really, there's a whole grab bag of players we could be getting, and only time will tell which one he picks. I just hope it's not TOO much time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home