Thursday, July 22, 2004

Screw Tennis

I actually attended this afternoon's game. Not that I was planning to. I actually went downtown to watch some tennis at One Financial Plaza, as they were having the Aquatennial Plaza Tennis tournament. But after watching one mildly entertaining match and no longer able to get free Edy's ice cream samples, I decided to ditch the scene and head over to the Dome. Because, as we all know, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all 365 days of the year, the Dome is the most entertaining spot in the Twin Cities. Or something like that. And low and behold, there was a game this afternoon! Oh my, how could I pass this up?!

And I'm very glad I didn't, for if I hadn't gone, I would have missed Nick Punto's first ever grand slam! Granted, I almost missed it anyway, as I had trouble finding little Punto in the batter's box. I turned to a fan sitting next to me and asked, "where's the batter?" He then passed me his binoculars, and there he was, so tiny that he was barely visible to the naked eye. So much power from someone so little.

And, of course, mad props to my man Michael Cuddyer, for hitting the go-ahead home run. Michael Cuddyer has been disappointing to me at times, but he really came through today, showing me why I should continue to have him be one of my top five favorite Twins.

Or maybe I'm just disappointed because he has about 300 career home runs in my MVP Baseball 2004 game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home