Monday, August 16, 2004

Working Out The TV

I think I've had the TV on non-stop since Friday night. NBC is doing a fabulous job with these Olympics. It's easy to follow and understand what you're watching at a given time. My only complaint is a little too much beach volleyball. It's fun to watch, but I'm having more fun with some of the more obscure events. The first medal event was women's air rifle shooting, a sport that would seem boring and very obscure, but I was amazed by it. They're shooting at a target no bigger than a nickel! The middle of the target, worth 10.9 points, is roughly the same size as a period on a newspaper. I knew nothing of the sport before watching, but by listening to the commentators and a quick visit to NBCOlympics.com, I felt like an expert (not that it's a terribly complicated sport, but NBCOlympics.com is great for learning quickly about any event). I was oohing and ahhing right with the commentators as someone would score a 10.8. Each event just flows from one to the next too. It's excellent, not to mention it's helped me forget all about the Twins losses on Friday and Saturday. I did, however, manage to pull myself away from the Olympics to catch the 8th inning on of today's game. It's just a good thing Canada won the game for us, 'cause if it went 15 innings and then the Twins lost, I would have really been angry. Think of the events I could've missed!

Now excuse me. I have to go watch Russia and South Korea in handball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home