Saturday, July 10, 2004

Jinxed!

No, Radke wasn't bad. But he wasn't good enough. Three home runs isn't exactly Cy Young material. Though he might have passed for a Bert Blyleven if the eight behind him could have ran around the bases a little bit. But as much as I'd like to blame Bradke and the rest of the Twins for this loss, I know the blame falls on me squarely. It was my fault for scaring Brad Radke into thinking he owed us a pitcher of the week award. To paraphrase Spiderman, there was something he felt he had to do, but he doesn't have to do it anymore. Had I just kept my mouth shut and waited to see what would happen, we wouldn't be in this mess. Who knows how proficient Brad could have been? It is not beyond thought that he could have pitched a perfect game were it not for me. I brought it on myself, because one day I'm saying I won't predict anything about the pitchers, and the next day I'm practically handing Radke pitching awards. But this is why they give out the awards at the end of the season, not the middle.

But tomorrow is another day. And I plan on attending the game, so I dare not say a word about Johan Santana. Whatever will be will be. I will be watching the 5th Annual TC The Bear Mascot Softball Game before the Twins take on the Tigers, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm actually going to attempt to keep score of the softball game, which should be an adventure. Even more of an adventure than that 15 inning game I went to that I tried to keep score of. I kept my scorecard in order until about the 11th inning, when I had to start filling stuff out on the backside of my scorecard. That can be difficult, I tell you. My sister will be along with me for the game tomorrow, which will make things interesting, since she is an avid hater of mascots, since they always taunt her for some reason. It's rather comical, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home