Thursday, July 08, 2004

Royalty Checks

Like I mentioned, once again I was at driver's education again tonight, so I missed most of what I predicted would happen yesterday, Kyle Lohse getting a complete game shutout. So now, at the risk of becoming known as "The Swami," here's my pitching prediction for tomorrow's matchup against the Tigers: Terry Mulholland will not pitch a complete game shutout. I know, I know, people wonder how I can make such daring picks so young into my baseball blogging career. I like to look at it as blindly running into the baseball blogging community with full aggression. Or something to that effect. I've pulled out all the stops on this one, and there's no turning back!

Otherwise, I guess hooray for Joe Mauer, who had a new career high in hits today. Why John Gordon felt that was so important to mention it over and over again tonight is beyond me, seeing how it's only his 30th game. Sure, we're all happy for Little Boy QuickSwing, but 30 games isn't much of a career. Unless you're Ron Gardenhire.

And how could the Twins score 25 runs against the Royals in this series without Luis "Silent But Deadly" Rivas' help? Truly, this is a new era.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home